Whew, I’ve been working on this version for quite a while. With the helpful feedback of many people that have tried my software, I’ve made a large number of improvements to the software; of course, there are plenty of features that aren’t implemented yet, but are being worked on.
More information about how this utility works can be found here.
Download HDQ Utility v0.96 here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/pf0vszgfei7s8ly/HDQ%20Utility%200.96.zip?dl=0
- (Major improvement!) Improved HDQ logging functionality (logs are now saved to a separate file instead of being overwritten).
- Example: “HDQ Log (2015-10-26 at 19.02.50) – HDQ Utility v0.96.txt”
- Improved HDQ communication (HDQ breaks no longer require the serial port to be opened more than once, and HDQ no-response timeouts are decreased from 0.5 to 0.3 seconds.
- Reworded certain error messages for clarity.
- Example: “Communication error: Cannot read byte from address 0x02 (No response from device).”
- Renamed file ‘config.txt’ to ‘Config – COM Port.txt’ for clarity.
- Improved state-of-health warnings by making them non-modal (they do not require the user to dismiss the message).
- Added more notifications for unidentified and uninitialized batteries. (Uninitialized batteries are determined by a FULL ACCESS security state, with Impedance Track disabled.)
- Fixed invalid device name and maximum load current readings for v5.02/sn27545-A4 based batteries (e.g. iPhone 6, 6+…).
- Added time-to-full readings (for firmware older than v2.24).
- Improved error-checking for device identification (it will display a notice that the tool may need to be restarted).
- Updated DingoLib UI library to auto-resize window to 0.9x display resolution for improved readability on larger monitors.
- Create a dedicated section on my blog for the HDQ Utility.
- Create a user’s manual describing the parameters displayed by the program (in particular, the Advanced Battery Information section).
- Improve data logging functionality by saving logs to a subdirectory instead of the program’s root to decrease file clutter.
- Improve error-checking for commands (retry reads if one or more bytes are not received from the device).
- Add error statistics indicating how many communication errors occurred during data collection.
- Improve support for older (older than v1.25) firmware.
- Improve support for v5.02/sn27545-A4 devices (make use of advanced commands available in this firmware version).
- Add support for restarting of data collection without having to re-execute the program.
- Add Data Flash memory functions to allow for readout of advanced configuration, serial number, lifetime/black-box data, etc.
- Rewrite this program in something that’s not LabWindows/CVI… also, use of a GUI rather than a non-console text UI.